Microsoft Teams, owners of teams have the capability of deleting a team, and sometimes these teams may be accidentally deleted. When the team is deleted, it is held in the "recycle bin" for 30 days until it is permanently deleted. Below is the process of restoring a deleted team in Microsoft Teams.
• Once Team is deleted, option to recover it exists for up to 30 days
• All of it including (Channels, files, tabs, etc.) will reappear as it was before
• Restore can take up to 4 hours
• To restore, from exchange admin center, select recipients, then groups
• Locate the group (only if soft deleted)
• Select the group and choose restore
Confirm that the recently deleted team shows on the list and select it
On the right-hand side menu, click the “Click here to restore” option
Confirm the restoration request
Launch PowerShell as an administrator. Install-Module AzureADPreview at the time of this writing, this restore procedure requires the AzureADPreview module to be installed. To install, simply type and follow the prompts.
• PowerShell command to restore
Get-AzureADMSDeltedGroup (make note of Object ID)
Restore-ADMSDeletedDirectoryObject –ID <objectID>